When we started Haystack, tech recruitment was stuck in the dark ages. Spam messaging, shady practices, uninspiring job ads and dull job boards all made discovering that next unique opportunity a chore. We solve this problem, matching the best tech talent with innovative employers using our proprietary algorithm via our award-winning app. This represents an opportunity to join a hugely ambitious start-up with a founding team who have previously grown two successful SaaS businesses and with the support of some of the UK’s leading institutional investors.
We don’t want to be boastful, but things are going really well - and we’re just getting started. With customers all over the UK, at companies including Lloyds Banking Group, American Express, Skyscanner and PayPoint, we are looking for amazing people to join us on our exciting journey.
Working directly with the CEO, your main role will be to use your creativity, drive, hustle and customer understanding to book meetings with potential Haystack customers. Creating new business opportunities is one of the most important responsibilities at Haystack as you’ll be directly fuelling the company’s ambitious growth plans. The role and all that it entails is also the perfect starting point for a successful career in tech sales.
You’ll be required to:
- Use a combination of cold calling, email, LinkedIn, video and more to start conversations with ideal prospects and book in calls for the CEO to take.
- Research, pre-qualify and build lists of potential customers to prospect.
- As well as creating new opportunities you’ll manage inbound enquiries and marketing qualified leads with great care.
- Engage with prospects (Head of Talent Acquisition, HR Directors and CTOs) to identify if they could become Haystack customers.
- Generate and manage sales pipelines; while staying organised and updating all activity in our CRM, HubSpot.
What you’ll need:
- 12 months’ experience in a similar role.
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A real desire for hitting targets and building a career in sales.
- Constantly searching for solutions and not problems.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Emotional intelligence.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter who likes autonomy and wants to make a real difference to the company and its customers.
- Great organisational skills and ability to manage your time.
- Evidence of excelling in sport, work, academia or any other area of life.
- Experience in cold calling.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience with HubSpot.
- Someone who thrives in a driven environment and wants a key role in an exciting start-up.
- An outstanding communicator with excellent interpersonal abilities.
- A self-starter, determined, committed and driven to succeed
- Disciplined to consistently prospect.
- Creative with commercial awareness.
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach.
- A confident communicator.
- Coachable - be open to learning, embracing and implementing feedback.
- Willing to pick up the phone and cold call. We’ll teach you the winning formula to cold calling, you just have the determination and grit to do it. Consistently.
- Embracing change, this is a young company that’s growing fast, what works today may not work tomorrow.
- Uncapped earning potential with achievable OTE
- Access to an independent Sales Coach via MySalesCoach for regular 1:1 coaching.
- An amazing working culture that appreciates work life balance
- 25 days holiday
- Dog friendly office
- Regular company socials
To Apply: We are excited to hear from you, please send over your CV by email to email@example.com with the subject line “SDR job application”. Haystack is an equal opportunities employer, committed to representing and reflecting the diversity of our community, and very much welcome and encourage applications from any underrepresented groups.